Monday, January 21, 2008

ATC party collage #1 & #2

'Flaming horned Icon of the Sacred Heart'
(1st image is the 2nd piece I created for myself, the 2nd image is the 1st version that my friend Stephen now owns).

This Altered Art Collage took forever to get started. I had my first Altered Art mini party & invited a select few over for fun & frolic (too much frolic within green tea & mini pumpkin cake bites & Berries oh my)... but by the end this horned icon piece was finally finished.

'Horned Icon'
Tools & Techniques:

StampBord, Custom Rubber stamp, Black Stazon, Lilac Distress reinker, collage design paper bits, Acrylic, Vintage Burgandy Leaf Glass, Copper sheet, Pearl Ex 'pearl' & Red Russet, Diamond Glaze for sealing.

The main black ink design of the Horned icon is actually a Custom Rubber stamp I had made from one of my paintings.
I loved the final outcome so much that I created a Second one for myself. She turned out slightly varied, & I am sure with my stamping of her, that she will not be the last.

Everyones work is posted below as well. Noting that at the end of the day, we threw our names in a box & drew someones to receive one of the ACEO pieces to take home. I received my friend Stephen Powers piece called 'Secret Forces'.

Basically, I asked that everyone try to utelize new & different materials than what they were used to & also asked them to bring not only their favorite art tools of the trade, but also some random ephemera that others might be able to bring new life to.

So I cleared out the kitchen, opened up the table & set out most all my art supplies for everyone. I had so much to dive into it was almost overwhelming. Everyone had such a great time that I forgot to take pictures of everyone while they were creating (next time).

~X~

No comments: