Friday, January 25, 2008

Art Clay Silver or PMC carved jewelry creations


I thought I'd post some of my mid 2007 Art Clay Silver creations. I had a lot of fun with these. Best of all, I fired them right on my Gas Stovetop on top of a Metal Mesh piece used for soldering. The First Ruby Sun Rays with art clay Gold paint accent. The 2nd is my personal piece winged skull with Loveliest Labradorite fire drop on cord. I loved this piece so much I made a Cold Cast mold of it for future creations. The last is my personal Thumb ring. Carved when dry & the actual piece was created with older reconstituded from dry old ACS. This one was a DOOZY to create with set sapphire stone eyes. For one, you are not supposed to do rings or other 3D type creations attempting to fire on the stove top. They are supposed to be done in a kiln so that they can be protected with the fabric center. One of the horns came off at some point & though I tried to slip it back on & hold it in place, eventually, I had to torch it to the piece. As well, when dried & carving/sanding, the piece broke in 4 places, thus disrupting the design carved around the band (which would have been a lot nicer if it hadn't broken). But I like a challange.

Soon to come: I will be creating custom carved design pendant frames & other bezel frames in Art Clay Silver / PMC & also sterling torched frame & bezel pieces for setting my Altered Art Collage work for jewelry. Can't wait.

~X~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great artwork on your blog. You are a pro at the PMC jewelry = wonderful pieces you've created. Thanx for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I'll be visiting you again. I really like your edginess. Sometimes words on comments and such don't come across as intened exactly...you inspire me to be less cutsy is part of what I'm saying LOL.
Happy Friday!!!